Thursday, December 29, 2005

Good News for the Good Guys

I'm on a mailing list for an organization known as ActForChange, which seems to be affiliated with Working Assets. Neither organization strikes me as without flaw, but I think they are at least pointed in the right direction.

ActForChange periodically sends me email asking me to sign a petition and/or write to some Republican tyrant government official, and sometimes I do, despite my dubiousness about the effectiveness of such actions. At any rate, ActForChange's Year in Review makes wildly exaggerated claims about their effect on some positive turns in 2005, but it gives me a small sense of hope to read a list of things that did get better this past year.

You can read their 2005 Year in Review here.

(The flag at the top of this post is from Richard Stallman's home page, together with this caption: "Graphic by Susan Henson. Other Americans, you may wish to copy this icon to your own page, as a way of showing what patriotism means to you.")

[Update 2006-03-23: Fixed links --bjk]

No comments:

ShareThis