Saturday, December 10, 2005

An Odd Couple of Events

So I go out to get some smokes, and I get out of my car, and I have a sudden lizard-brain thought, "Wow. I smell gas."

And then, a little higher up, I'm like, "Dude, you're at a gas station."

This is why I don't usually go anywhere before coffee. But to have the coffee, I had to have the smokes, so . . .

Anyway, I go into the store, and the new impulse-buy display at the counter is a violent shade of lime green that appeals to people like MK, and so I look at it a little more closely. Out of a sick fascination, I guess.

The product being pitched is Mountain Dew Energy Soda. Bet Oscar would love that!

I am not making this up. As Conan O'Brien says, "Why would you? It would waste everybody's time."

1 comment:

belindadelpesco.com said...

One can only guess who MK is (eyebrow wag).... I didn't read anything about a display for super-charged Tab. Has there been a wane in her beverage loyalty, or are you confusing an affinity for sage-green jcrew sweaters with lime green gas station placards?

ShareThis