Saturday, January 14, 2006

Geek Note: Windows Scripting Host

While browsing the fine Annoyances.org site, trying to find out how to get the stupid Start > Programs menu to present in alphabetical order, I came across a page about Windows Script Host (WSH). This page indicated that one could obtain WSH from Microsoft's web site, and provided a link, which is broken.

After browsing Microsoft's site, I found what I was looking for. You can read the details here.

Of course this is of no interest to you! Who else is trying to do development on a Windows98 machine besides nobody and me?

1 comment:

bjkeefe said...

To further show that no good deed goes unpunished, I put up the link to my notes in another place that I thought it might possibly be useful: on the Annoyances.org forum for Win98 users. I got a response from someone, within minutes, telling me that the HTML code on my page was "invalid."

True enough, it was, and I was happy to clean it up.

But you gotta wonder: what possesses a person to check the validity of the HTML code on a site referred to in a post on a forum?

I've been thinking about this for some hours now, and I can't imagine something more nitpicking than this.

And you all know how I love to pick the nits.

ShareThis