Saturday, January 07, 2006

Let's Get Scared (Redux)

Being the geek that I am, I have been keeping some stats on how well my spam filter is "learning." It is a so-called Bayesian filter, which means, superficially, that its efficacy depends on being presented with more and more data, and being told when it made the right decision and when it didn't.

At any rate, after inputting the results from yesterday into the spread sheet, the new detect versus miss totals are 694 and 348.

That is, through 1/6/06, 66.6% of spam has been correctly filtered.

I'm just saying . . . how's my canned goods supply looking?

3 comments:

bjkeefe said...

Phew. Just got back from the grocery store. Hormel Chili and Dinty Moore Beef Stew both on sale: 10 for $10.

No, I didn't buy that many.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are not eating that crap...

bjkeefe said...

Of course not.

One does not buy canned food in order to eat it. One buys canned food to assuage one's insecurities about the looming . . .

ShareThis