Monday, January 30, 2006

News Flash: AA Brings The Funny!

I know it's probably sacrilege to say so, but I don't spend much time listening to Air America Radio. I think the original idea was to combat the shrillness of conservative talk radio with humor, to show how we (the good guys) were smarter and morally superior. The implementation, however, has often been lacking. Maybe I'm just a snob, but I really can't stand most of what I hear there -- a bunch of mindless screeds and the usual phone-in yawners.

Maybe I should give them another chance. From a recent email:

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fall on the same day. As Air America Radio pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, and the other involves a groundhog."
Thanks to KK for the quote.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you realize the subconscious implications of the fact that in the last 48 hours you have expressed that you drink beer out of frustration and you are beginning to think AA might not be so bad.

bjkeefe said...

Heh.

I did like the misdirection that saying "AA" provided, in addition to being a lazy typist.

Did you intentionally wait until exactly midnight to post, Josh?

ShareThis