Tuesday, February 21, 2006

He's, Surprisingly, Not So Old

William Safire, long a favorite of mine on language isssues, if not so much on the political, wrote a column concerning the current state of the blogosphere. It appeared in the Sunday NYTimes Magazine. It's a good read. It taught me some new words.

Check it out.

Unlike much of the good and smart stuff at the Times, this one is free. Probably for a week or so, anyway.

I mean, how can you not love a guy who can use the words superannuated and blogasm in the same short space?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you enjoy Safire's writings on usage, you should read Jim Quinn's book titled "American Tongue in Cheek", which is an equally literate rebuttal to many of Safire's pronouncements about usage.

bjkeefe said...

I'll check it out, thanks.

Rebutting me by offering someone who rebuts my topic. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if his grandson had to help him with the research? It is a fun article, though.

ShareThis