Thursday, April 27, 2006

Moving Thoughts

The good news is: the resident five-limbed creature has finally worked up his courage and come out from his hiding place behind the litter box. After only 20 hours in a crouched and (ahem) near-catatonic state, he is wildly running from room to room in the new place. The four-limber (manx) has been exploring since this morning (no surprise).

Both of them are nervously going down and up the stairs to my front door (I live in a converted attic now). They are clearly aware that they are being bad, since the stairs were off-limits in the last apartment, and they always got chased back inside the instant they tried to go down those.

The bad news is: my dad bought me a new phone as a moving-in present, and I packed it, because it needed a 20-hour charge before first use. I packed it in some place so clever that I didn't need to note it on the box. Consequently, it is the only possession that I can't find.

Here's a new experience in fretting. Did you ever tow a car on one of those UHaul trailers, behind the truck? If you look in your rear-view mirrors, you can only see the outside edges of the trailer. That is, there's no way to be sure that the car is still there. I found myself looking for excuses to make sharp turns so that I could look at it.

Well, I'm here in Rochester now. So far, every local that I've talked to has expressed some degree of mystification as to why I moved here.

Maybe it's just me.

No comments:

ShareThis