Sunday, June 25, 2006

Another Thing I Didn't Know

Along with my recent discoveries of new words, stock ticker symbols, and web names (see posts and comments below), I've just come across a new keyboard shortcut for Firefox. It rules!

I'll assume you know about tabbed browsing -- the capability of Firefox to open a new page in the same browser without opening a new browser window, and without losing the previous page. If you're like me, you tend to get four or five tabs going after a bout of surfing, and switching between them can be a minor annoyance. You can click on the appropriate tab with the mouse (I hate having to grope the rodent) or you can cycle through the tabs with <CTRL>-<TAB>; i.e., press the CTRL key and the TAB key at the same time. If you have many tabs open, and want to jump back and forth between just two of them, this isn't so satisfactory, either.

Thanks to a slip of the fingers, I have just discovered that pressing <CTRL>-N, where N is 1, 2, 3, ... causes tab number N to be brought to the front. Cool!

Others that you probably already knew: <CTRL>-T opens a new tab and <CTRL>-W closes the current tab.

No comments:

ShareThis