Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wow

KK took a nice picture while on a recent road trip. Here's some of the text of the email message that accompanied the art:

My definition of a good picture is that it shows what I saw...

Anyway, a cloudy, misty day in Cummington at William Cullen Bryant's homestead.

The first version is the original color shot, the second is the original converted to black and white. Which do you like better?

To which I respond: I have to choose?

Blogger is having some problems with photo uploading, so I put the pictures on my web site.

1 comment:

bjkeefe said...

I think the two convey very different moods. The color pic makes me think of the dawn of life, with the many shades of green and the sunlight being so diffused. The b+w is not gloomy, but it feels like the end of the day. Put another way, the color one makes me feel like I've arrived on the scene before everybody else. The b+w makes me feel like I'm the last one left.

Again, not in a gloomy way -- I'm a big fan of mist.

ShareThis