Friday, August 04, 2006

New Google?

Have you seen the new look on the search results page returned by Google?

There's a new column at the left of the screen, showing bar graphs linked to Google's Images, Maps, News, and Groups. The length of the graph doesn't seem to correlate to the results; e.g., if I Google "bjkeefe," it looks like there are more links under the Maps section than in any other, but clicking on the Maps link yields, as expected, zero results.

At least it doesn't measurably slow the response. But it's irritating, because I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Remember that game you'd play as a kid? You'd all stand around staring at a hole in the ground, and see how many passers-by, like me, you could trick into looking, too. That's what that new Google thing makes me feel like.


[Update 2006-08-07 11:13 EDT]: Could be they heard me. It doesn't seem to be happening any more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, what's the word on Ask.com?

ShareThis