Friday, September 15, 2006

1.5.0.7

There are updates available for both Firefox and Thunderbird. In both cases, version 1.5.0.7 is now available.

The updates address some ominous-sounding security issues, it sez here.

I found the automatic updating, which happened last night on my PC, a little flakey. I have both programs set to notify me of an update, but not to do it automatically. When I got the notification and clicked "OK" to allow the upgrade, it was a little murky what was going on for a couple of minutes. No biggie, and it might have been due to the load on Mozilla's servers (over 200 million Firefox downloads to date, I recently read). I updated both on my Macs this morning, doing Help > Check for Updates, and that went fine.

Now you know.

[Update: 2006-09-17 11:04 EDT]:KK tells me the update worked without flakiness for him

No comments:

ShareThis