Friday, May 23, 2008

Geek Critique

Blogroll buddy Alastair Rankine, the proprietor of girtby.net, has a new post up, titled Blogging Horror. It's a thoughtful critique of Jeff Atwood's popular software development blog, Coding Horror. The comments that follow Alastair's post include a couple of rebuttals from Jeff, responses from Alastair, and other voices of assent and dissent. Good stuff.

Like Alastair, I haven't been enjoying Coding Horror as much as I used to. Unlike Alastair, I haven't really thought much about why this might be, so you should stop letting me ramble on and go over to his place now.

Oh, and check out his new and improved About page, too. Big laffs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brendan,

Now that the link has fallen off the main page of reddit normality (i.e. obscurity) has resumed.

Still trying to reconcile some conflicting feelings about the reaction to that article. Maybe I'll post a followup if I can get it straight.

And by the way, the about page is ancient, surprised you hadn't seen it before really.

ShareThis