Friday, August 29, 2008

Okay, This Is Troubling

Word 'round the campfire is that McCain had met Palin once, and talked to her once on the phone, before picking her as his running mate.

Kevin Drum has links a-plenty, and adds this thought:

This is all part of what I was talking about the other day when I noted that McCain is running such a palpably unserious campaign. Steve Schmidt seems solely interested in winning the daily news cycle; his staff spends its time gleefully churning out juvenile attack videos; McCain himself has retreated into robotic incantations of simpleminded talking points; and now he's chosen a manifestly unqualified VP that he knows nothing about. I've honestly never seen anything like it.

Drum starts off with serious misgivings about Palin's cluelessness about Iraq, too. Worth a read, for sure.

And speaking of unserious, here's Sarah Palin's blog. Unseriously.

2 comments:

John Evo said...

Why is it troubling? Oh... you mean IF McCain gets elected. Well, sure. But I think we'll have even more to worry about than Palin if that happens. A lot more.

bjkeefe said...

Actually, I meant troubling in the sense of a problem for her (and McCain) as a candidate.

I may have been concern-trolling on my own blog, I must admit.

ShareThis