Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Barney: No Annoying Purple Dinosaur He

The New Yorker has a profile of Barney Frank up. I've just started reading it, and couldn't resist passing this along:

Not long ago, Paul Begala, the political strategist, was speaking at a fund-raiser for a gay-rights group and said, “When I told my father, back in Texas, that I was speaking to an L.G.B.T. group, he said that sounded like a sandwich.” From the audience, Frank called out, “Sometimes it is!”

Thanks to Instaputz, who grabbed the line right before.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

“Sometimes it is!”

ROFL!

God, Barney Frank is one of the greats. Long live Barney Frank.

Anonymous said...

The good Congressman does indeed get some good lines, doesn't he?

Incidentally, I have created my Canadian wingnutosphere custom search as promised.

bjkeefe said...

JAB: Great! Thanks for letting me know.

ShareThis