Sunday, September 13, 2009

Obama's Health Care Speech to Congress

Yeah, yeah, day late, dollar short. Tell me something I don't know.

Like James Wolcott, whose screed I noted earlier (and thereby inadvertently ruined Doghouse Riley's holiday), Frank Rich takes up the end of summer theme when considering President Obama.

He's right in a lot of what he says, but still, if you haven't watched the speech, I urge you to do so. I just finished watching it, and it is truly inspiring, even when measured against the supremely high bar Obama has already established. If you don't get chills when he speaks, in such a soft voice, especially during the last few minutes, then you don't have a soul or you are a member of Rush Limbaugh's target demographic. But I repeat myself.

A nice option is to head over to the NYT's site, where they have a cool interactive thing where the transcript tracks the video and allows for clicking to jump either to various points of the speech or to related articles. You could spend three-quarters of an hour in lots of worse ways.

No comments:

ShareThis