Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Double Dip of Word Salad

MoDo provides the first helping:

“And I think more of a concern has been not within the campaign the mistakes that were made, not being able to react to the circumstances that those mistakes created in a real positive and professional and helpful way for John McCain,” she told Bill O’Reilly.

For the second course, Betty Cracker has posted a video clip, which I have transcribed for your head-scratching pleasure:

Q: Let me be very bold and fresh again. Do you believe that you are smart enough, incisive enough, intellectual enough to handle the most powerful job in the world?

A: I believe that I am because I have common sense and I have I believe the values that are reflective of so many other American values and I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism, the um, the uh, kinda a spineless, a spinelessness that perhaps is made up for that with some kind of elite Ivy League education and a fat resumé that's based on anything but hard work and private sector free enterprise principles. Americans could be seeking something like that in positive change in their leadership. I'm not saying that that has to be me.

It's worth watching it, just to see the glazed look in BillO's eyes. But why does he practice this gotcha journalism?

(x-posted)

No comments:

ShareThis