Tuesday, May 01, 2012

A grain of common sense from the NFL? Nah. It's probably just about the money.

There was a brief flurry a few days ago over hints that the National Football League is considering doing away with the Pro Bowl. Do we care? I doubt it. I don't think I've ever watched it. But this picture is definitely worth sharing.

(h/t: Danger Guerrero/Kissing Suzy Kolber)


P.S. If you're wondering how I ended up on a site called "Kissing Suzy Kolber," it was due to Googling and Deadspin, after seeing her heretofore unfamiliar name mentioned, in a more weighty piece about one of my favorite sportswriters, Joe Posnanski.


graz said...

Are you optimistic that Pos will handle the indelicate facts with aplomb? You turned me on to his writing, for which I am grateful. That lead to me listening to his podcasts (the episodes with Michael Schur -- even though he's a Red Sox fanatic -- are terrific). Unfortunately, since his on- record reactions, as detailed in the Times piece, I've soured.

Brendan Keefe said...

Sorry to hear this single episode has soured you on him.

I think Posnanski will probably end up handling the last chapter, as it were, pretty well, no matter what sort of thinking-out-loud has been recorded previously.

And even if he's less critical/honest than one might like, I doubt I'll judge him harshly, for two reasons: (a) a guy is entitled to have his heroes, and not to be obliged to document their clay feet if and when they're exposed, and (b) I cannot imagine, and could never have imagined, wanting to read a book about Joe Paterno in any case.