Tuesday, October 16, 2012

From the annals of the American Taliban

Apparently, there is this thing, started by the Southern Poverty Law Center, called Mix It Up At Lunch Day, in which "schoolchildren around the country are encouraged to hang out with someone they normally might not speak to."

Which, I have to say, sounds like one of the better ideas I've heard in a while, and not just because it's a principle I have been pitching to young people ever since I got old enough to discover it for myself.

But how does the "American" "Family" "Association" feel about it? Oh yeah. It's all about Teh Ghey:

Here is a link to the above page, if you would like to wallow in hate for some reason.

Here is a picture from tolerance.org, from the link at the top of the page, to cleanse your mind.

And just because I can't let you go feeling all better, here is a link to the NYT's story about this. It is a masterpiece from the Shape of Earth: Views Differ* crowd.

(previously)

No comments:

ShareThis