Thursday, October 11, 2012

Slideshow excitement!

No, really. I was impressed and pleased. Here's a (slightly edited) CC of an email I just sent off to InfoQ, a site I just learned about. I'm posting it here just in case any of you also like to watch video presentations online. (And also to show that it is possible to write just three times in one and a half sentences.)

I just finished watching Steve Vinoski's talk, "Innovation: What Every Developer Absolutely Needs to Know." I have never watched a talk on InfoQ before, so maybe I'm about to mention something you've had in place for years. If so, I apologize.

In any case, I really enjoyed the way the slides automatically advanced with the progress of the video. It made for a significantly better viewing experience than watching a video and trying to deal with the slides myself, whether in-browser or as a separate download. Thanks and kudos to whoever came up with the concept and implemented it so smoothly.

Brendan Keefe

P.S. If you're wondering about the utm_source in the subject line, that refers to an email newsletter I get, called Status Code. Here's the web version of the email.

No comments:

ShareThis