Tuesday, January 04, 2011

"The Joy of Stats"

Here is an entertaining and at times fascinating hour-long video from Hans Rosling of Gapminder fame.



[Update 2011-01-04 19:01] Sorry. Looks like embedding has since been disabled. Try the "alt. video link."


(alt. video link)

I think this would be a great thing to show high school and college students who have yet to take stats. Or maybe something to show them on the first day of class, if they've just signed up.

More to see on Gapcast's YouTube channel and on the TED talks site.

Nerd alert: You can get that way cool software (and other things) for free. See gapminder.org/downloads.

(h/t: RM and Open Culture)

2 comments:

Twin said...

Watched the first ten minutes; looks excellent, I'm already engrossed. Will watch the rest later when I can savor. My sister might like this, too: perhaps she can show it to her 8th graders.

bjkeefe said...

Glad you liked it. Thanks for letting me know.

And yes, I think it'd be a great thing for you sister to show to her class.

ShareThis