Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Where does a century go? (AND WHERE IS *MY* PONY?)

Here is a picture of my father's father and his siblings, taken a few years before before tween had its current meaning. Click it to big it.


The more things change, the more they stay the same department: Now that I think about it, there exist pictures of me at about the same age wearing almost identical trousers. That was, in fact, the high point of my career as a fashion model. (True story.)

(h/t: KK, via email)

6 comments:

Ocean said...

And your father's father is the stern boy right in the center front of the picture, is he?

How about your picture? Come on, put out for the shout out! ;)

bjkeefe said...

No, my father's father is the one farthest to the right. The boy front and center is my great-uncle Irv, who, as it turned out, was anything but stern, at least by the time I came along. He was a good dead-pan comic, though.

I have no idea where that picture of me in knickers went (after hanging in all of its framed 8x11 glossiness in our dining room, to mortify me throughout my teenage years), but if I ever do come across it, I'll post it, for sure. Easier to laugh about it now.

Ocean said...

Ahhh... then uncle Irv was mad because the girls took his pony!

Very nice picture. I love old pictures.

And you're right about changing your perspective about what used to embarrass you when you were younger. Who cares about embarrassment? If only one could be that young again... :)

bjkeefe said...

I'm going to bet he was frowning at being told to STAND UP STRAIGHT.

belindadelpesco.com said...

You need a LIKE button on your posts. I'd click it.

bjkeefe said...

Yes, you're right about that, B. The ShareThis button just doesn't do the job, does it?

ShareThis