Sunday, January 29, 2012

I have been granted permisssion to be an unmitigated curmudgeon

By the Google, Deparment of Tracking, Demographics Division:

Oddly enough, their belief about my age makes me feel especially young.

As to my apparent apparel interests, I can't remember if it was Bush I or Reagan who was president when I bought my last bathing suit, and I certainly didn't do it online, but if that aspect of my profile means I'll be seeing more ads featuring bikini models, far be it from me to gripe.

More from Casey Johnston over at Ars Technica, who is now suffering from gender confusion.

You, according to Google, here.

4 comments:

Substance McGravitas said...

"You currently do not have an ‘id’ cookie."

Hooray for me!

bjkeefe said...

Huh. And yet you use Blogger. Did you clear your cookies or something?

Anonymous said...

maybe they recorded you watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWAKtYGJZSM

bjkeefe said...

I hate to use ABP, because I want sites to have free content, which means ad support, usually. (I have installed it, to try to keep those stupid social media bars from loading at the bottom of the screen on all too many sites -- they seem to bog everything down.) But to the main point, Flashblock seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

I tried NoScript for a few hours once. I couldn't bear it. I like websites to work. Maybe if they added an option to maintain a blacklist instead of a whitelist, I'd give it another shot. (I know this is contradictory to the spirit of NS. Just sayin.)

ShareThis