Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The thing about a police state is, not only are they humorless, ...

... they're also dumber than a sack of hammers.

Latest bit of evidence? It seems that a couple from that noted terrorist haven of Ireland were detained by your Department of Homeland™ Security® and after hours of interrogation, denied entry into the erstwhile land of the free and home of the brave. For? A "terrorist tweet." Their words. I am not making this up.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the only way the real terrorists win is if we let them.

(h/t: JC, who got me Googling after sending a different link. Not that I don't trust you, JC, but, you know. The Sun. Always worth double-checking whatever they say, even if they got this one right.)

2 comments:

Jack said...

You know, I thought this was both sad and kind of funny when I first read about it. But here's a link to coverage on CBS - and after watching this, I find myself reacting with a bit more anger than bemusement. I can't believe these two were not only incarcerated overnight in an LA jail, but that they were put on a plane and forced out of the country!

Absolutely maddening.

bjkeefe said...

Huh. The only way I could have imagined seeing it as funny would have been in the gotta laugh 'cause it hurts too much to cry sense.

Thanks for the additional link, in any case.

ShareThis