Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The thing about a police state is, not only are they humorless, ...

... they're also dumber than a sack of hammers.

Latest bit of evidence? It seems that a couple from that noted terrorist haven of Ireland were detained by your Department of Homeland™ Security® and after hours of interrogation, denied entry into the erstwhile land of the free and home of the brave. For? A "terrorist tweet." Their words. I am not making this up.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the only way the real terrorists win is if we let them.

(h/t: JC, who got me Googling after sending a different link. Not that I don't trust you, JC, but, you know. The Sun. Always worth double-checking whatever they say, even if they got this one right.)


Jack said...

You know, I thought this was both sad and kind of funny when I first read about it. But here's a link to coverage on CBS - and after watching this, I find myself reacting with a bit more anger than bemusement. I can't believe these two were not only incarcerated overnight in an LA jail, but that they were put on a plane and forced out of the country!

Absolutely maddening.

Brendan Keefe said...

Huh. The only way I could have imagined seeing it as funny would have been in the gotta laugh 'cause it hurts too much to cry sense.

Thanks for the additional link, in any case.