Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I wasn't sure that I'd like this talk ...

... but I ended up loving it. It's "Jonah Lehrer on The Science of Creativity."

I was worried that it would be hand-wavy to the point of distraction, but it's really not. To the extent that we know anything in a truly scientific sense about creativity, Lehrer seems to have it all at his fingertips. Plus, he's a really good speaker, both in his presentation and in the Q&A. I would be shocked if you did not learn at least a couple new things.

The talk itself is about thirty-seven minutes long, and the Q&A is about twenty-six.

(alt. video link | HD video link)

P.S. The link to the grit survey mentioned during the talk is partway down this page. I have not yet taken it, since I'm pretty sure it'll be terribly confirming of my self-impression. But maybe after another coffee, or beer, or hot shower, or walk.


Ocean said...

Great talk! Thank you for posting.

Brendan Keefe said...

Glad you liked it! Thanks for letting me know.