Thursday, July 30, 2009

Too Frickin' Funny

From Joe. My. God., via Wonkette and The Awl:

TheObamaFile.com, one of the most widely-read anti-Obama and birther movement sites, has posted a "closed for lack of support" notice.

[...]

[Site owner Parker] Shannon says he spent 60 to 70 hours a week on his efforts and received only $240 in the entire two years despite displaying prominent donation buttons.

But yes, Lou Dobbs: Please continue to huff about this "controversy," because clearly, SO MANY PEOPLE CARE ABOUT IT.

__________

It gets better. About that "$240" figure? Here's an update from Mr. Whiny Pants himself (emph. added):

You all deserve an explanation. No, Obama, nor the Obots shut me down. You guys did.

[...]

But, I've had a PayPal "Contribute" button on my site for over a year. Every day, I get 200 to 300 emails. 50 Of them from folks that tell me I'm a patriot, or they're praying for me, or the site is invaluable, blah, blah, blah. None of those emailers ever clicked the PayPal button.

I've been reading those emails for months, and instead of making me feel good, they disappointed me. I spend 8 to 10 hours a day at this -- 7 days a week, and with the exception of a local guy who sent me two $100 hits a year ago, I have received from my loyal readership $40 in contributions in the last 16 months …

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he could apply for some Federal economic stimulus funding?

bjkeefe said...

Nice.

ShareThis