Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reminder (to self): Read TFN Insider (more often)

I've mentioned TFN Insider, the blog of the Texas Freedom Network, before -- it's a valuable resource if you're interested in things like the ongoing attempts by creationists and other Christianists to take over all matters of education down in Texas. And you should be -- as Texas goes, so goes the nation, in things like textbooks for grades K-12.

Anyway, I had occasion to refer to them in the middle of a screed on the Bh.tv forums answering questions like, "So, what's so bad about debating creationists again?" This led me to check my link (because I'm obsessive like that), and I have to say, the latest post is especially well worth reading. It's an update on the previously-noted social studies kerfuffle going on down there (yeah, it's not just all creationism all the time -- the fundies would like more Jeebus served with everything these days), and among other things, it features Tucker Carlson lying and being a dick.

All together now, class ... No one could have predicted.

No comments:

ShareThis