Friday, August 24, 2012

Not sure I endorse this 100%, but it's too good NOT to pass along

From the comments under a post on CT, via Chris Mealy:

dsquared    05.01.12 at 8:33 pm77

I tell this anecdote every time the subject comes up on CT, but it’s true so I will repeat it again. In a career as a stockbroker, I have met:

A Japanese person who reads the Economist every week to find out about the USA and Europe, ignoring the Asian coverage.

An American who reads it to keep up with the overseas news, although of course the US coverage is a bit crazy.

Numerous Europeans who read it because the American coverage is great, but you have to ignore every word they write about Europe.

Personally, I used to read it a very long time ago, while ignoring the awful crap they wrote about Britain and about economics. I stopped, and so, eventually, did everyone else I’ve mentioned above.

No comments:

ShareThis