Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another One for the "Duh" Files

Reading my newsletter from the NYTimes this morning, I came across this blurb:
Heading into this year's elections, senior Democrats said that they sense they had failed to exploit Republican vulnerabilities.
You know that feeling when you laugh, but your stomach hurts for a different reason altogether?

Jon Stewart was right (he always is) when he said, last year, that the next time the Democrats come back to power will be after the Rapture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I can't imagine why they thought that...Oh I don't know...maybe it had something to do with our current "president?" But seriously on the other hand Jon Stewart is always right...I don't think I have ever heard of that man being wrong! Speaking of which...anyone seen the new show sort of (kinda sorta) like his show...The Colbert Report? I think I saw it once late friday night...It was quite good actully!

Matt

bjkeefe said...

Yes, Matt, I've seen The Colbert Report a few times. It is good, I agree. But I don't think Steven Colbert has as much charisma as Jon Stewart.

This may be okay, since he is playing the part of an obnoxious TV show host!

ShareThis