Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Gore. Not Bore.

There's an excellent article on the American Prospect Online site, "The New New Gore."

If you're like me, you bought too heavily into the MSM portrayal of Al Gore in 2000, and all too quickly, lived to regret that. Al Franken's phenomenal book, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, was the first good rebuttal to this image that I came across. Since then, I have been amazed at how much I like the new Al Gore.

Like many people, I have frequently mused over the past five years, "Boy, if he had only been like this when he was running for President . . ." The article in the American Prospect does a really nice job of articulating and exploring this zeitgeist.

Access to the web version of the article is free, and without registration requirements. It's long, but well worth your time.

BTW, I came across the article from a link on The New Republic's web site, where TNR's writer said that the AP article had it wrong about Gore trying to buy TNR at one point. Probably you'd have read right over that, or not cared, but it seems worth repeating.

No comments:

ShareThis