Friday, April 21, 2006

New Snail Mail

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I've been packing for the big move.

I just tried usps.com to circumvent the paper change-of-address form. The whole thing was pretty smooth. Then I got to the final page -- enter a valid credit card number to confirm. Okay, no problem. I mean, how would they be sure otherwise?

I was just about to type in the magic sixteen numbers when I noticed in the fine print that I would be charged $1.00 for the "service."

I mean, come on. I'm obviating a paper form with handwritten data, and entering the info myself. They now have everything in digital form, without any data entry on their part. I'm saving them loads of money, and they want to charge me?

I could go on a whole long rant about big business and their charges for my doing things that save them money, and why I don't do automatic billing for this reason among others, but . . . I gotta go to the post office. Burning ten cents' worth of gas for a nickel's worth of satisfaction.

BTW -- I'll be sending out a mini-mass mailing, containing my new snail mail address and new phone number, in the next few days. If you don't get it, please send me an email. If you'd like the details, I mean.

Thanks!

No comments:

ShareThis