Sunday, August 10, 2014

Um ... yeah. Well, I certainly aspire ...

Sometimes, throwaway lines make you (me) think. Here's one, from the start (about 4:50) of a Google Talks interview thing with an erstwhile Tibetan monk who seems now to be in the business of ... talking to small crowds of people like the Googlers, which is not a bad thing, something he says one of his teachers told him:

... unless you can improve on silence, it's better not to say anything at all.

I can hear everyone I work with nodding with cocked eyebrows, of course, but that's not the important part.

1 comment:

bjkeefe said...

For what it's worth, from the initial stages of this vid, at least, I think I'd rather have the interviewer as a guru.

But if you went back to the start of the talk, that's probably not too much of a surprise. Guy has a job like that? At Google? Yeah, he's definitely got something going on.

ShareThis