Thursday, September 28, 2006

Blogger in Beta

I recently accepted the invitation from the good people of Blogger to move this blog over to the new version of their software (which has been labeled with as much imagination as the the title of this post ;^) ).

From my point of view, B in β rocks. It's a lot faster to publish a post, for one thing. This gives me additional incentive to fix my typos, and that should have universal appeal. (Oh, and hey! The spellchecker works a lot better, too!)

There are also some additional tools, one of which I especially like: individual posts can have labels, which means posts can be sorted by category, in addition to being listed chronologically. More on this anon. (And by "anon," I mean, "when I figure out a good organizational scheme." My sense of filing compares to that of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler).

As far as I can see, the changes to you, dear reader, will be nearly transparent. The only difference that I can see, from your point of view, is that when you post a comment, you'll be taken to a page on a secure server. You'll notice the lock icon, etc. If you have your browser set up to notify you when you enter and/or leave a secure page (aka, an encrypted page), then you'll get that usual little pop-up informing you of that fact. Just click "OK."

Nothing to worry about. Nothing new to learn. No bookmarks to change. Same procedure for everything that you've done before.

But be sure to let me know, please, if anything seems weird to you.

Including the mindset of the author.

Thanks!

No comments:

ShareThis