Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nice moment for the old guy

So, I'm in Wegman's buying some groceries, and the cashier, a fine-looking woman, asks to see my ID, since I'm buying some beer. (That's not the nice moment. That's the law.)

I show her my license, she looks from it to my face, turns to type in my date of birth, goes back to scanning groceries, does double take, says: "You look familiar!" Big smile.

Big smile from me, too.

Of course, on the way out of the store, it occurs to me that she's going to run back to the break room and tell everyone, "Guess what? That weird-looking guy came in here again."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you have asked her out on a date?

Well I guess it's not all lost... that's the nice thing about cashiers at supermarkets; you can manufacture an arbitrary number of contrived encounters until your mojo is just right. And you can mold her impression of you by purchasing things that will impress her. Magnum condoms? Maybe not such a good idea since it will just amplify her disappointment.

bjkeefe said...

LOL! You had me thinking. Until the last sentence.

It should have been noted that she has probably not yet arrived at her 23rd birthday, while I recently passed that milestone.

For the second time.

ShareThis