Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sorry, but …

I know how irritating it is for one to talk about a controversial new book when one has not read it. Nonetheless, I'm going to give one link, about one such book, mostly because the essay is good, and partly in the hope that I'll get out and get the book faster. So that I can bloviate, guilt-free, I mean.

Okay, the book is Jimmy Carter's new one, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, and the link is to a post from Red State Son that criticizes Michael Kinsley's WaPo op-ed critique of Carter's book. (Let's hope, but not bet, that at least one along the line has actually read the book! We're all so post-something, ain't we?)

Carter always strikes me as well worth listening to, especially since attaining emeritus status, so I want to read the book even apart from a desire to jump into the fray.

End of apology.

No comments:

ShareThis