Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just When You Thought Republican Lying Couldn't Get Any More Ludicrous

Thanks to Eve Fairbanks, we now have the rare opportunity to watch Tom Delay lie on TV.

Not impressed?

Okay. Here's the rest. He's on Hardball, and he denies having written something. The thing that he said is in the book that he just wrote, that he's there to pimp. Chris Matthews says, "But I underlined it." Delay denies it again. Whereupon Matthews pulls out a copy of the book and reads it. Whereupon Delay still denies it.

Watch the whole clip (less than two minutes), and be very thankful for Ronnie Earle.


Oh, and by the way? Just when I thought I couldn't hate Tom Delay any more, he picks a title for his stupid book that comes perilously close to sullying the slogan for one of my all-time favorite movies. (I'll let you have some of my 5 Shit Sandwich points if you can explain my obscurantism.)

3 comments:

bjkeefe said...

For a little mindless fun, head on over to Amazon and read some of the comments. Clearly, no one, left or right, has read the book.

Best one I saw was from GerimanderedAndPissed : "Don't finance his legal defense, buy something with a slightly higher ethical standard, such as a snuff video or a romantic novel by NAMBLA."

bjkeefe said...

I propose an alternate title for the paperback edition, which will doubtless have an added chapter when the Hammer goes to the slammer.

Call it: No Remorse, Nolo Contendre

bjkeefe said...

Okay, okay. I'll stop posting comments on my own blog now.

(But onanism is just a venial sin, right?)

ShareThis