Saturday, October 13, 2007

Poll Dancing

Blogger/Blogspot offered me a new widget and I accepted. If you look over on the sidebar, you should see a poll. Vote early and often!

The mechanics of this new gee-whiz-imo seem a little clunky -- it appears to slow page loading a tiny bit, and I've noticed some minor weirdnesses in how it behaves after playing around with it for a short while. But, it could be fun. More importantly, it could be a small step up the Coolness Chart, something that I climb in the forlorn hopes of someday catching Mr. Sandwich.

Please let me know if you experience any problems.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about none of the above? I hate sans serif, but I don't mind the font of your blog. (This is why I didn't do well on the SATs.)

Anonymous said...

You're too kind. For a REAL ratings boost, how about an e-mail notifying readers when you've posted? I know they're available on Blogspot, 'cos Chez Guevara's got one...

Beth said...

Okay, I voted but I'm looking forward to a more challenging poll.
(Fonts??)

bjkeefe said...

Clare: It seems to me that the third choice ("It's readable") is what you wanted.

Shit: I guess I assumed anyone who wanted to be pinged used the RSS/Atom feed. It's possible to get feeds delivered as email, I believe. But I will look into making things easier. Thanks for the tip.

Beth: I did the first one about fonts because it mattered to me personally. I don't like a lot of things about the way my blog looks, particularly the appearance of the text.

More polls to come, and I hope to touch on a wide range of topics. The tentative slogan for the polling section is Hardhitting Softball Questions!

Just so you know: As far as I can tell, using Blogger's poll widget means having the same question appear for an entire week, so please don't think I'm ignoring your request.

ShareThis