Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ted, Just Admit It

So, I had a contractor over this afternoon to look at the heating situation in my rehab project. After we did the walkthrough and talked at length about options, he said, sort of to himself, "Damn. Wish I'd brought my camera." It was clear that he was talking about augmenting the notes that he'd made, so that he'd be able to write up his estimate.

I said, "I have a digital camera. You could take the pictures, and I could email them to you."

Now, it's always hit or miss with guys in the trades. Some of them are like me -- email as the preferred mode of communication, etc. Some say, "Uh, I bought my kid a computer for Christmas, but I never touch them."

This guy was in between. He took the pictures and gave me his wife's email address. But it all worked, and he replied that the pictures came through just fine.

So now you must know what the title of the post means.

Okay, so it's so obscure that it has a two-part explanation. Hint: How often do you simultaneously get to make fun of a U.S. Senator and name-check a favorite band?

1 comment:

Ali said...

wow...very interesting site, thank you!!

ShareThis