Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Preach It

You'd think if PZ Myers were to post a five-minute video of a guy talking about religion on Pharyngula -- and not for purposes of mockery -- the man at the podium must have something good to say.

You'd be right.

[Update 2008-11-02] Video at above link no longer available. I found some others which appear to be of the same speech, which I believe was given 28 June 2006.

Here's a five-minute excerpt:

(alt. video link)

Here's the whole thing (about 40 minutes):

(alt. video link)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thnks for this link. It's encouraging to see. His religiosity is the one thing that gave me pause about Obama.

bjkeefe said...

You and me both, although I think I started getting over that worry several months ago, when it became obvious how much better he was than the other candidates on so many other things.

Anonymous said...

Thanks once again Brendan for helping me make my RDI of Obama videos...

In slightly related news, did you see the trailer for Bill Mahler's Religulous?

bjkeefe said...

Yes. Isn't it great?

bjkeefe said...

If anyone is tracking this post's comments via RSS, here's a ping. Just updated the post to include embedded video of the whole speech.

ShareThis