Saturday, June 21, 2008

Firefox 3: Awesome Bar Not So Awesome?

I let this loose in my first post about Firefox 3:

One minor gripe: The new location bar (where the URL of the website that you're visiting appears) is a bit busy for me, when I'm typing in a new URL. If you're the sort of person who types in URLs by hand, you may notice this, too. The old way that the location bar worked is that as one began typing, a drop-down menu would appear. The menu would list possible matches from your browsing history, based on the letters typed so far for the new URL.

Turns out there is an add-on, called oldbar, that will change the drop-down appearance back to the way it was in Firefox 2 (although the underlying algorithm remains the same). I haven't added it yet, since I'm not yet hating the new way, so this is mostly a note to self.

(h/t: Lifehacker's Power User's Guide to Firefox 3)

No comments:

ShareThis