Friday, June 06, 2008

Wholly Joe

And speaking of things I refuse to get upset about, I see by TPM Election Central that Joe Lieberman has sent out a letter promoting his new grassroots Astroturf campaign, "Citizens for McCain," in which he refers to his erstwhile political allies as "the Democrat Party."

The TPM post points to a good essay by Hendrik Hertzberg on why the missing "ic" matters to some. I take the point that it's intended to be a slur, and so, yeah, choosing to use it marks yet another step in Lieberman's descent into utter zellmillerization.

Still, though, as far as I'm concerned, every time I hear some lame use this formulation on purpose, all I hear is "I AM A WINGNUT WITHOUT IDEAS!!! THEREFORE, I MAKE FUNNY OF YORE NAME!!1! LOL!!!" and usually not spelled that well. You know, instant loss of respect.

Assuming I had any left, I mean.

Lieberman kisses Bush

No comments:

ShareThis