Friday, December 30, 2011

Probably just as well that I don't have a camera handy

The moon is behind a narrow strip of cloud, and it's lighting up the whole thing. Covers an arc at least a quarter of the way across the sky, pretty much perpendicular to its normal path, as though it had suddenly decided to make a right turn at Albakoikee and was leaving a wake, or spraying a cloud of exhaust from its retro rockets.

As to the title, it's not that I fear I'd be unable to capture the beauty. Oh, no. It's that the CIA doesn't like us taking pictures of their chemtrails.

2 comments:

Jack said...

ROFL!

But, yeah, hard to capture that kind of thing on film. The metaphor a photography teacher of mine once used about moon photography was "most moon pictures look like pictures of a motorcycle headlight." :-D

bjkeefe said...

Heh. A memorable phrase, for sure.

I might have kinda sorta been aware of the difficulties, but I have for sure known it since the last full moon, when my father brought it up.

Some of his attempts are pretty appealing, though.

ShareThis