Friday, March 16, 2012

New (?) feature on Google ads deserves applause

New to me, at least. Apparently, if you click an ad in a Google search (at least, one of the ones that appear at the top of the listing) and then return to that page of search results, the page will show a new link, right under the link you just clicked, offering you the opportunity never to see ads from that company again. Here's a screenshot, which I took after I had clicked both of those links.

To repeat, the offer-to-block link doesn't appear until after you click the corresponding ad link. Also, I haven't yet played with it enough to know how it works, whether the offer to block persists, etc. But it does seem like a pretty nice feature at first glance.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with your my computer. I was searching on that term, to test, after having read Naked Security's post on Google's efforts to stamp out scam ads.

No comments:

ShareThis