Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Noted for the record

"And on that basis of course you get rid of Obamacare, that's the easy one. Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that. The subsidy for Amtrack, I'd eliminate that. The National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities," he said.

"He" being this guy, of course:

Were there any follow-up questions to these fairly radical eliminationist statements? Apparently not! But! Immediately following the above, there was this even more important stuff, to bring the important campaign coverage article home:

This was Romney's first public event in the Show Me state, so we wanted to know, does he say Missouri or Missourah?

"You know I've always said Missouri." He adds, "I know as I get to other parts of the state its Missourah. But I'll stick with Missouri 'cause that's what I know best," he said.

Romney also says he has yet to try toasted ravioli and gooey butter cake, but he'd like to.

DRINK.

(h/t: Liz Colville)

2 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

Good treatment of the glove picture, but it loses some w/o the "Fudge" sign.

bjkeefe said...

I take your point but my own sense of humor tells me that having the Fudge sign is a little heavy-handed, if I may say so, or a little too obvious, if I may not. Seeing the sign in the background strikes me as a funny-once, while the image of Willard alone, in the glove with his sadistic leer, seems like it lends itself to more interpretation, and hence, may be used more frequently.

ShareThis