Saturday, January 28, 2006

Why Clare Should Have Her Own Blog (Another Example)

I just got an email from a frequent contributor to this site (browse the comments for most of the posts):
P.S. funny story: I was just in Sears buying a new toaster oven (welcome to my Saturday nights). As I set the box up on the counter one woman behind it said to me, "Oh, when are you due?" "I'm not pregnant," I answered.

Admittedly, I was wearing an XL sweatshirt, inside out, so perhaps the pocket was pooching out a bit -- I'd just been for a run and threw a big ol' sweatshirt on to take the kids to Andy's. The poor woman was mortified. I thought I was very gracious by saying, "I'm flattered that you think I'm young enough to be pregnant." (Aren't I nice?)

Bitch. I'm never going to Sears again and I'm investing in a skin-tight wardrobe.

I am so glad I wasn't that salesperson.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I'd have to learn another language, like HTML. I'm so backward on this stuff, that whenever I see that abbreviation, my mind immediately interprets it as "hatemail."

bjkeefe said...

ROFL!

That's the topic sentence for your next rant!

BTW, no need to learn HTML to use Blogger. You can use the WYSIWYG editor and be above all of those messy angle brackets and such.

Anonymous said...

My 6-years-ago memory of Brendan just made me realize he looks like Simon Cowell.

Anonymous said...

WYSIWYG --

I guess I was taught to read in that "Group the letters in your visual field, and guess" way, because this looked to me like "why should I be working."

Why indeed? When there's novels and chocolates abounding.

bjkeefe said...

Phonics, baby. It's the only way.

That might not help you suss out the meaning of "whizzy wig" but at least you'd be pronouncing it right.

bjkeefe said...

JoshuaE said:

My 6-years-ago memory of Brendan just made me realize he looks like Simon Cowell.

Take a look. Does anyone else have similarly warped memories?

Anonymous said...

Mom is investing in a skin tight wardrobe??? Oh boyyy maybe i'll be heading to my girlfriends house instead of her coming here for a while... just kidding mom... yeah sears sucks!

ShareThis