Thursday, January 18, 2007

Jargon Watch: Blink Tanks

It sez here:

blink tanks--blogs that function as online think tanks

My first thought: New one on me. I like it!

My second thought: Wait. Won't the right will use this to attack, linking every lefty blink tank to blink in the sense of backing down from a confrontation, a la Kruschev blinked ?

Maybe I'm out of the loop on this term. I see that there is a "blinktank.org," with the admirable goal of hosting "the opinions of all, from the left and the right, in the form of well argued, well researched papers."

The home page goes on to say, "we now hope to be up and running by October 2005 (sorry for the delay)!"

To make matters even worse, this is the top result returned by Googling "blink tank."

Guess I missed this one, coming and going.

What's the moral of this story? All together now …

Don't blink, you might miss it.

No comments:

ShareThis