Saturday, January 13, 2007

Jargon Watch: Rightosphere

I just finished listening to this week's edition of On The Media, where I heard a word new to me: rightosphere.

This is a good word, in that it almost doesn't need to be defined. Assuming you've heard of blogosphere, I mean.

It's evidently pretty new: Google returns only about 10,000 hits at post-time.

The obvious next word to consider, of course, is leftosphere. This is currently at about the same level of mention. (For comparison's sake, blogosphere returns about 20 million hits.)

You can watch these two compete at Googlefight.

BTW, I came across the delightful Googlefight site thanks to Wordzguy, who is one of my new favorites in the linguisphere.

Ah, crap. I thought that last neologism was mine! But Google shows seven hits already.

I gotta get moving. I still don't even know how to pronounce noosphere.

No comments:

ShareThis