Friday, December 16, 2005

Avoid last minute shopping! Claim your free stuff today!

. . . and as with most offers concerning free stuff, there's some fine print. And so, without further come-ons, here it is:

While sitting in the VW waiting area yesterday, I got to looking at the coupons that the dealership had mailed me, to see if I could build on the massive savings that I was about to realize on my oil change. As it happens, there was another coupon for a 10% discount on accessories, and the floor mat where my right heel rests has worn out, so, what the heck.

I go over to the parts window and ask for a driver's side floor mat, and find out that you can't buy just one floor mat. Buy all four or go away, please.

Now, I can make a case for VW's side. Compared to most things that one buys for a car, floor mats are dirt cheap, so they're not making bank selling them. What with all of the model years and color variations, stocking individual floor mats is four times the inventory hassle for them.

And of course, there's my point of view. Most cars, the vast majority of the time, carry one human, and that human always sits in the same seat. And this human moves his feet a lot more than the typical human who sits in any other seat. So one might expect there to be a much higher demand for driver's side replacement floor mats, and not so much for the others.

At any rate, if you, or anyone you know, would like a set of three very slightly worn floor mats, let me know. The set contains the passenger side and the two rear seat floor mats, for a 1999 Passat, and they're black, so they go with any decor!


Update

2007-05-12 13:35 EDT

Fixed broken link. But the car mats aren't available anymore. Sorry.

No comments:

ShareThis