Monday, April 30, 2007

And speaking of evolution …

… (as I was in the comments for the previous post), here's a story that I'd love to watch the young Earth creationists read. Out loud.


Update

2007-05-01 21:30 EDT

Maybe my mind is moving out of the gutter, or maybe it's just calcifying. I don't know how I didn't think of the title that William Saletan did, but let's steal it give him a shout-out: Ten-Inch Duck.

Nice.

This story is all over the place by now, and it seems that one of the big reasons is one I read right over in my haste to poke fun at the wingnuts: It took a look at the female ducks to understand what was going on here, and it took a female scientist to think of looking at the female ducks. Another bad day for my gender.

The weird thing is, given well-known behavior patterns like "eyes front while peeing!" and general public shower shyness, you'd think all the guy scientists would be more interested in looking at … nah, let's not go there.

No comments:

ShareThis