Saturday, June 09, 2007

One Thread Connected

I just had a quick look at Google Trends, thanks to an idle click of a link. The 63rd most popular item searched for today? Princess Caraboo.

Who? Wait, that looks strangely familiar … Ah, yes. From this morning's NYT crossword, 22-Across: "'Princess Caraboo' star, 1994."

Nice to know I'm not the only one who had to look this up.

Didn't get it yourself?

Yeah, the Saturday puzzles are killers. Here's the answer.


P.S. Note also, on that Google Trends page, the "Related Terms:" "farrier," "a.c.c.," and "einsam in truben tagen." Or as I like to call them, 19-Across, 7-Down, and 25-Across. Okay, I had to look that last one up, too.

P.P.S. Interesting also to look at the timeline -- the search for "Princess Caraboo" peaked at 7 A.M. PDT. So, I can now count myself as ahead of the curve. At least, along one axis.

P.P.P.S. Uh-oh. It's already down to number 81. And now 89, about two minutes later. Sorry if the above Google Trends link doesn't work.

ShareThis