Sunday, June 03, 2007

Takedown of the Day: 2007-06-03

And before you accuse me of writing about news in your favorite entertainment magazine, let me assure you that Nancy Grace is entertainment…if, that is, you're the sort who watches NASCAR for the crashes and Survivor hoping no one will.
-- Stephen King

I've seen a minute of Nancy Grace here and there, when I've visited a house with cable and gotten control of the remote. Typical Fox News shouting head, I've always thought, before immediately clicking onward. Of course, by typical I mean more evil than Satan himself, so it's nice to see one of the all-time good guys tuning on the punching bag.

Why Stephen King was watching a week of Nancy Grace in the first place, or how it has come to pass that he has a column in Entertainment Weekly in the zeroth place, or why I was on ew.com in the negative oneth place … well … these are all good questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy Graves is on Headline News, at least here. Did she make her reputation on Fox? I've not watched her since the first time...

ShareThis